Saturday, September 28, 2013

The hardest is consistency and easiest is an abstraction~ Vipin Behari Goyal -Author in the Spotlight

Vipin Behari Goyal -Author in the Spotlight


Posted by Nikita Johri at 7:42 PM
Reactions: 

Hey Friends,

Today I am so excited to have with me the very talented author of Tall Man Small Shadow, Vipin Behari Goyal.

Vipin Behari Goyal is a Financial Advisor in Government of Rajasthan by profession.  His love for books is unparalleled making him an avid reader as well as a prolific writer.
His debut English novel "Tall man small shadow" based on existentialism was published in July 2013. His prior writings include a travel handbook on “TirthRaj Pushkar” and a collection of Hindi poems titled “Tej Dhoop Ka Safar”
He has also dabbled in documentary film making and is the maker of award-winning short film “Mines are Mine”
Follow him on his blog : http://vipinbeharigoyal.blogspot.in/

Welcome to Njkinny's World of Books Vipin!
Lets get this interview started.

Q1. Tell us something about yourself?

I was born and brought up in Ajmer. I did my post graduation in Botany because of my interest in trees and plants.  In my debut novel “Tall man small shadow” I have described many of my favorite trees. After that I did graduation in Law and few diploma and certificate courses in business management, computers , time management and behavioral skills. Like a true Geminian, I have curiosity about a variety of interests.
I like to travel and read and write the books.

Q2. So, what have you written?

My three books have been published. "Tirthraj Pushkar"-a travelogue about Pushkar,"Tej Duph Ka Safar"-a Hindi poetry collection and an English fiction-"Tall man small shadow". My forthcoming novel is "Maya, In search of Tantric father".
I have authored more than a dozen pages on Wikipedia, my current blog "Author’s Diction" is about English Literature.


Q3. Where can we buy or see them?

They are available at various online shops like flipkart, amazon and pothi.com. If lucky you may get it in free giveaway  at Goodreads and free kindle download, from time to time.




Q4. Give us an insight into your main character. What does he/she do that is so special?

The main character is Salil, who had a break up when he was a student in an Engineering college. How he copes up with his failure in love, is the highlight of the story.

Q5. What are you currently working on?

Currently, I am writing a fiction based on youth of rural India.

Q6. What’s it about?

It is about the social structure of villages and aspirations of youth.

Q7. What genre are your books?

Currently I am enjoying writing fiction, but I am mentally prepared for another genre also. I started with a travelogue.

Q8. What draws you to this genre?

Freedom. Fiction provides a lot of freedom of imagination and expression.

Q9. What inspired you to become a writer?

People around me and my father inspired me a lot to become a writer.

Q10. Had you not become a writer which career would you have chosen and why?

I am basically a public servant and I like this profession.

Q11. What are your ambitions for your writing career?

I want to write at least one book that could be a landmark in the history of fiction.

Q12. Which writers inspire you?

I am inspired by all good writers in East and West, and many regional language authors.




Q13. Why do you write?

To fill up my emptiness.

Q14. What made you decide to sit down and actually start something?

Stream of consciousness compels me to write.

Q15. Do you write full-time or part-time?

I write after office hours and on weekends.

Q16. Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?

I prefer to write at night, being a public servant my day is almost structured.

Q17. Where do your ideas come from?

Social injustice shakes my mind and series of ideas  are generated.

Q18. Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just to see where an idea takes you?

Both, I like to make an outline, but allow my thoughts to go in all directions and take their own shape.

Q19. How do you think you've evolved, creatively?

Seamless evolution through formal and informal education.

Q20. What is the hardest thing about writing and what is the easiest thing about it?

The hardest is consistency and easiest is an abstraction.

Q21. Do you ever get writer’s Block?

Yes, I do.

Q22. Any tips on how to get through the dreaded writer’s block?

Something would happen to put you back on track.

Q23. How do you market your books and why did you choose this route?

I depend on my Publisher, which is the traditional way of marketing.

Q24. Do you have any advice for other authors on how to market their books?

They can use many modern techniques of the internet.

Q25. What do you do to get book reviews? Do you have a strategy for finding reviewers?

I am not choosy about it. I need all types of reviews. It helps you to grow as an author.

Q26.What’s your views on social media for marketing? Which social network worked best for you and any tips on what to do and what not to do?

I do not have much experience to comment on it.

Q27. What are the four most important things that you take care of before writing a book?

Theme, style, climax and characterization.

Q28. What do you do when you are not writing?

I read.

Q29. What advice would you give to aspiring writers?

Read a lot, write a lot.

Q30. How can readers discover more about you and your work?

Just Google me.

Q31. What are your future plans?

Travelling, Reading and writing.

Q32. And now, before you go, how about a snippet from your book that is meant to intrigue and tantalize us:

Think about this:
“It is good to pray even if you do not believe in God.”


Wow..That sure is a statement to think about !!

Thanks Vipin for sparing time from your busy schedule and sharing your story with us...
All the best in your future endeavors.. :)

Buy Vipin's book "Tall Man Small Shadow" from :



Read my review of "Tall Man Small Shadow"
http://njkinny.blogspot.in/2013/09/tall-man-small-shadow-by-vipin-behari.html

No comments:

Post a Comment